“You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea & Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1: 8a)
The Evangelism Team plans, initiates, coordinates, facilitates and oversees ministries that invite, welcome, encourage and inspire persons to join in and experience the good news of Jesus Christ in the life and witness of the Body of Christ.
Membership & Structure
- The Evangelism Team shall begin and close every meeting with prayer, devotion and study as determined by the Team at the onset of each new year.
- The Team shall consist of six (6) to nine (9) members. The members shall be representative of all worship services. The team shall meet at least ten (10) times a year.
- At the first meeting after the church’s annual meeting, team officers shall be selected and time and place of meetings determined. Minutes shall be taken at all meetings and distributed to team members, church office, and other church leaders.
- The Team shall elect one or two members responsible for communication of all minutes, activities, events, ministry opportunities and special needs to all Purpose and Resource Teams, the Congregational Council, and the church membership every month. Such communication may be in multiple formats: Medina UCC website, emails, Messenger, bulletin boards and posters, special brochures, and worship announcements.
- Any member who will be absent must contact the Team leader as soon as possible prior to meetings and events.
- All meetings are open to all members of the congregation unless decided by unanimous
vote of the Team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Invite persons to experience our congregation through personal invitation, advertising, websites, special events, and other means of publicity.
- Oversee and direct the publicity of the church including advertising, websites, social networking sites, banners, newsletters and other means.
- Promote the work and ministries of the church to the wider Medina community.
- Create a welcoming environment within the congregation and personally welcome those who visit for worship and other programs.
- Recruit greeters for Sunday morning worship services.
- Follow up visitors with personal calls, letters, and visits.
- Encourage visitors and new members to become active in the life of the church through personal invitation to worship and programs, appointing shepherds/mentors, and the use of spiritual gifts and time and talents surveys.
- Offer new member classes (covering church and denomination history and theology and our congregation’s structure and ministry) to those interested in uniting with the congregation.
- Inspire all persons in the life of the congregation to participate and use their gifts to further God’s reign among us.
- Be aware of new opportunities for ministry and communicate such opportunities to other Leadership Teams.
- Oversee the publication of Membership and Pictorial Directories.
- Discover those person whose attendance and participation in the life of the church is waning and try to understand the reasons.
- Promote clear, timely and creative communication among the entire congregation.
- Carry out other activities of the church that support the above mission of inviting and welcoming.