“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone.” 1 Corinthians 12: 4-5
The Time and Talents Leadership Team encourages and invites all members to use their gifts in service to God. The Team nominates persons to serve as church Officers, on the Congregational Council, on the church Leadership Teams, and recruits gifted persons to serve in the many ministries of the church.
Membership & Structure
- The Time and Talents Team shall begin and close every meeting with prayer, devotion and study as determined by the Team at the onset of each new year.
- The Time and Talents Team will consist of three (3) – five (5) elected members dedicated to seeking out talent among the members of the church to fill the service and leadership needs.
- Sub-committees for specific recruiting needs may be established by the Time and Talents Team. Any sub-committee of this Team must be chaired by an elected member of the Team.
- The Team will conduct no less than 5 formal meetings annually with meeting time and place to be decided by majority vote at the first annual meeting of the team.
- A chairperson and a secretary will be elected each year by majority vote of the Team.
- Any member who will be absent must contact the Team leader as soon as possible prior to meetings and events.
- The Team shall elect one or two members responsible for communication of all minutes, activities, events, ministry opportunities and special needs to all Purpose and Resource Teams, the Congregational Council, and the church membership every month. Such communication may be in multiple formats: Medina UCC website, emails, Messenger, bulletin boards and posters, special brochures, and worship announcements.
- All meetings are open to all members of the congregation unless decided by unanimous vote of the Team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare and publish the slate of nominees to be elected at each annual meeting after first informing these nominees of their responsibilities involved in obtaining their consent.
- Recommend to the Congregational Council replacements (except for the Moderator-Elect) for any vacancy that occurs after the annual meeting to serve until the next annual meeting.
- Help members to identify gifts and talents through tools such as Spiritual Gift Inventories but also through personal contact.
- Encourage all church members to use their time and talents in the life of the church.
- Gain an active understanding of each Leadership Team’s ministries so that the Time and Talents Team might promote ministry opportunities among the congregation.
- Recruit appropriately talented or interested individuals for ministry opportunities in all areas of the church. This includes church Officers, Congregational Council, all Purpose and Resource Leadership Teams, and their sub-committees.
- Update and publish the Time and Talents brochure/survey used by the New Members class and the Stewardship Team.
- Participate in New Member Classes to welcome new members and encourage using talents and gifts in the life of the church.
- Oversee the Membership Roles according to the Constitution by:
- Reviewing and affirming all applications for membership
- Grant letters of transfer to another Christian church.
- Determine active/inactive status of lapsed members after personal contact, and recommend termination of membership.
- Update and publish a “Ministry Opportunities” Booklet. Working in conjunction with each Leadership Team, committee, and small group the Time and Talents Leadership Team will create a description of each ministry’s form and function for inclusion in the Booklet. The Booklet will be reviewed each year and updated and published in time for the annual Stewardship Initiative.