“Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God.” (1 John 4:7)
The Caring Team plans, initiates, encourages, coordinates, facilitates and oversees ministries that shows Christ’s care, love and welcome for the members and friends of the United Church of Christ, Congregational.
Membership & Structure
- The Caring Team shall begin and close every meeting with prayer, devotion and study as determined by the Team at the onset of each new year.
- The Team shall consist of no less than seven (7) or more than ten (10) members.
- The Pastors(s), the Council representative and the Moderators (3) shall be ex-officio members of the Team. Friends of the Team shall be welcome to participate, but shall have no voting privileges.
- The Team shall meet monthly, but not less than six (6) times a year. Times and location will be determined by the Team.
- The Team shall select a Facilitator or shall develop a plan of shared leadership that shall function for Team as a leader. The Team shall select a recorder who will keep minutes to be filed with the church office.
- Decisions shall be resolved by consensus or if necessary, majority rule of the total Team membership, not just those attending. Official business shall be transacted only when a quorum of more than 50% of the members is present.
- Any member who will be absent must contact the Team leader as soon as possible prior to meetings and events.
- The Team shall elect one or two members responsible for communication of all minutes, activities, events, ministry opportunities and special needs to all Purpose and Resource Teams, the Congregational Council, and the church membership every month. Such communication may be in multiple formats: Medina UCC website, emails, Messenger, bulletin boards and posters, special brochures, and worship announcements.
- All meetings are open to all members of the congregation unless decided by unanimous
vote of the Team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Initiate, oversee and support ministries that care for persons in need in the life of the church, including such ministries as Circle of Caring, Good Neighbors, Craft Makers, Hospital Visitation, Breadmakers and Prayer Shawl Ministry.
- Promote intercessory prayer in the life of the church through the Prayer Chain, Prayer Line and other ministries.
- Organize, support and oversee coffee and refreshments on Sunday mornings for each of the Sunday morning services.
- Plan, oversee and support receptions and dinners celebrating special events in the life of the church.
- Oversee and support annual fellowship events such as 50-year Member Luncheon, Ice Cream Social and Alive on the Square picnic.
- Oversee and support those who prepare funeral dinners.
- Plan and support special events (dinners, potlucks, outings, etc.) that encourage fellowship in the life of the church.
- Encourage, organize and support small groups that promote fellowship and care.
- Encourage the organization of support groups that minister to persons in times of crisis and transition.
- Seek to create an atmosphere of hospitality, caring and love throughout the life of the church.