“I was glad when they said to me, ‘let us go to the house of the Lord!’” Psalm 122: 1
The Property and Grounds Leadership Team shall oversee the upkeep, general maintenance, and repair/replacement of the buildings and grounds of the church. The Team shall work closely with the custodial and other maintenance staff.
Membership & Structure
- The Property and Grounds Team shall begin and close every meeting with prayer, devotion and study as determined by the Team at the onset of each new year.
- This Team shall meet a minimum of six (6) times a year and will consist of four (4) – six (6) members, each of whom will attend a minimum of 75% of the team meetings.
- Any member who will be absent must contact the Team leader as soon as possible prior to meetings and events.
- At the first meeting of each new team a chair person will be elected by the members.
- All decisions of this team shall be taken by a simple majority vote.
- The Team shall elect one or two members responsible for communication of all minutes, activities, events, ministry opportunities and special needs to all Purpose and Resource Teams, the Congregational Council, and the church membership every month. Such communication may be in multiple formats: Medina UCC website, emails, Messenger, bulletin boards and posters, special brochures, and worship announcements.
- All meetings are open to all members of the congregation unless decided by unanimous vote of the Team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- The Team will identify, prioritize and direct all maintenance and repair/replacement projects of the church.
- Property & Grounds will develop an annual budget reflecting the needed funding to complete these projects.
- While the Property & Grounds Team will identify, prioritize and direct the capital project needs of the church, these will not be included in their annual budget.
- Funds for these Capital Projects will come from the Capital Accrual account to be created and administered by the Finance Team with review for endorsement by the Congregational Council.
- Where practical, vendors and contractors will be selected by competitive bid (three bids being preferred). The Team will select the bid representing the best value for the church and submit these to the Finance Team and Congregational Council.