“And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
The purpose of the Stewardship Team is to serve the church as a wise steward of the methods and means to create resources in a godly manner for the furtherance of the mission of Christ’s church. To accomplish this, the Stewardship Team shall conduct an on-going stewardship emphasis.
Membership & Structure
- The Stewardship Team shall begin and close every meeting with prayer, devotion and study as determined by the Team at the onset of each new year.
- The Team shall number no less than five (5), nor more than eight (8). The term of office shall be for two years, with the option of renewal for unlimited terms. The Pastor(s), the Council Representative, the Moderators, and the Financial Secretary shall be ex-officio members of the Team. Friends of the Team shall be welcome to participate, but shall have no voting privileges.
- The Team shall select a Facilitator or shall develop a plan of shared leadership that shall function for the Team as leader. The Team shall select a recorder who will keep minutes to be filed with the church office.
- The Team shall meet monthly, but not less than six (6) times a year. Times and location to be determined.
- The Team quorum will be more than fifty percent (50%) of the membership of the total Team. Decisions shall be resolved by consensus. Official business shall be transacted only when a quorum of more than 50% of the members is present.
- In an emergency, the Team shall have the right to conduct voting via electronic means. Such action will be reviewed at the next formal meeting and a formal vote shall be held to re-affirm the action. Such vote shall be recorded in the minutes of the Team.
- The Team shall elect one or two members responsible for communication of all minutes, activities, events, ministry opportunities and special needs to all Purpose and Resource Teams, the Congregational Council, and the church membership every month. Such communication may be in multiple formats: Medina UCC website, emails, Messenger, bulletin boards and posters, special brochures, and worship announcements.
- All meetings are open to all members of the congregation unless decided by unanimous vote of the Team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- The Team shall conduct an ongoing, twelve months a year stewardship campaign and emphasis. This emphasis can be through a special program, sermon series, intentional campaign, guest speakers, promotions, or other means.
- The Team shall create leadership, publicity, support, recruitment and an implementation plan for the annual financial campaign of fund-raising that encourages the financial support of the Leadership Teams, including the Operating Budget, the Benevolence Budget and the Capital Improvement Budget.
- The Team shall select a theme, create staffing, develop solicitation literature and the ‘Intended Level of Giving’ card, develop an assessment strategy, and develop a time table/calendar of events with target dates that support the success of a financial campaign, interfacing with other Leadership teams to maximum success.
- The Team shall create a method to assess the success of the financial campaign, including a deliberate plan for after-care of intentional and potential donors, both past and present. This may include a combination of personal visitation, telephone, electronic, and mail contact.
- The Team shall inform the Congregation of the opportunities for participating in the planned giving efforts of the church, excluding the efforts initiated by the Endowment Committee. The Team shall encourage members to consider the church when making personal estate planning decisions.
- The Team shall interface directly with the Time and Talents Leadership Team to lift up leaders within the church to perform the financial mission of the church.
- The Team shall remind the members throughout the year of the need to remain faithful with their gifts and current with their financial commitment.
- The Team shall keep records of decisions and projects for future use, including forecasting needs before they arise. Such needs shall be shared with other Leadership Teams.
- The Team shall prepare an annual budget request for the Operating Budget needs.
- The Team shall create special event-giving opportunities that would enhance
the stewardship mission of the church.
- The Team shall seek new stewardship opportunities, including Denominational efforts, including the five (5) major financial campaigns (Blanket Sunday, One Great Hour of Sharing, Neighbors in Need, Christmas Fund, Strengthen the Church).
- The Team shall educate the congregation on the Biblical basis for supporting a healthy stewardship policy, knowing that ultimately the stewardship effort is an effort to use God’s money wisely.